Sunday, February 27, 2011

She keeps going, and going, and going...


Emmaline has turned into the Energizer Bunny lately! Until we force her to settle down for her 1 nap and bedtime, she is going 100 mph. Climbing on furniture and then trying to get from one piece of furniture to another seems to be her favorite activity (other than looking at books or throwing food at mealtimes). You would think then, that any injury would come from one of these adventures..... nope! She was just walking out of the bathroom this morning and face-planted into Dan's night stand. She scraped her chin and had a bloody nose. She cried for a few minutes and then was ready to keep playing. She patiently sat while Dan got it to stop bleeding and cleaned up her face.

The 2011 Word Explosion continues: she has added "shoe", "sit", "doll", "ba-ba" (bottle) and "water" to her oral vocabulary. She is also picking up new signs - please, book, and love are new. She still uses older ones too (more, eat, drink, milk, cookie, sleep, bath, hat, all done, nodding yes or no, sit, diaper, and want). It's not usually spontaneous but she does do it in context if we ask her to "show me ____".

I posted 3 new videos on Facebook this week. The big hit is her with Hokey Pokey Elmo. 2 videos of the Little Gym are also featured - one on the low beam and one playing with balls. They're all pretty adorable. We also have some videos of her climbing on the coffee table and playing, but I need to edit those for time before they're posted (I think the limit is 2 minutes).

I turned 30 today! It's been a wonderful birthday weekend. I remember last year, all I wanted was for Emma to say "ma-ma" and of course, she didn't. Today she said "ma-ma" a lot and gave me hugs and even brought me my present. She is such a sweetie pie. I couldn't have asked for a better family!

No comments:

Post a Comment