Saturday, May 1, 2010

Days 27-29

Days 28-29
Skipped solids both days. Thursday I had a dentist appointment and then Dan had a soccer game so we just couldn't work out a schedule. Plus she was sleepy so I nursed her at 7:30 (instead of 8) and she fell asleep right away. I ended up going in at 4:30 and woke her up to change and nurse her. Then she was back out until 6:30.

Friday Emmaline didn't nap much and was very fussy all evening. I was hoping that we could just nurse at 7:30 and put her straight to bed again, but no such luck. Started nursing at 7:30, by 8 I had to pass her to Dan and pump but got less than an ounce so I'm guessing she had eaten more than I realized. I was going to get a bottle out of the fridge to feed her, but tried to nurse again. At that point (around 8:30) she finally started to seem sleepy so I put her in the crib and she immediately woke up again. Dan rocked her and would try to put her in the crib once she was asleep, only to have her roll over and wake up. By 9:30 she seemed to be out.... that lasted until 10:30. By midnight I was up nursing her again and she woke up a few times after that. At 3:45 I nursed her again and then had Dan swaddle her. Didn't hear a peep out of her until 7:45.

On a happy note, Emma started clapping her hands! (Of course this took place while she was supposed to by nursing at 7:30.)

Day 27
Menu: watermelon and pureed prunes

This week ended up being super rushed, so now I sit here on a Saturday trying to remember what the heck happened on Wednesday! Wednesday our crinkle cutter arrived (via amazon) and so I used that to cut up the watermelon into strips. Emma liked it, mommy did not. She was able to break off BIG pieces and kept gagging. I was a nervous wreck! Looking back, I realize that we've probably been cutting the strips way too thick (with all the foods, not just watermelon). I've been doing them thicker because I'm afraid that she'd just shove a skinny slice too far back and choke, but I'm starting to understand that skinnier might be better because when she does break off pieces, they'd be much smaller.
The prunes went well, as usual. In the end, we had a very messy, sticky baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment