Saturday, May 8, 2010

Week 5






Week 5
Arg! I just spent like 20 minutes writing a post to update on the last week and the internet froze up. Deleted the whole thing! I absolutely love technology, but I've become very impatient when it doesn't work perfectly.

I think I started by apologizing for the week lapse in posts. I knew this would happen. I always start off with such great intentions and quickly start slacking. This week has been incredibly long and busy (next week looks like it's going to be the same).

I can't remember what Emma ate Monday night, we skipped Tuesday and Wednesday nights, Thursday night she had steamed broccoli and pureed carrots, and then we skipped Friday. Dan did Thursday night on his own since I was at a retirement dinner for work. I guess she threw most of the broccoli on the floor, but still ate more than she did last time.

Wednesday we were able to pick up her pictures. They are all so adorable - not sure where we are going to put them all! I've been having fun showing them off to everyone I know.

Today we discovered that Emma's first tooth is actually her first tEEth! Both of the bottom teeth are appearing. :) She's such an awesome baby and we haven't had to deal with much fussiness or drooling. Today she turned 7 months old and tomorrow is our first Mother's Day! I remember being pregnant on Mother's Day last year. Dan bought me a mommy-to-be card and gave me the Vera Bradley baby bag I had been wanting. At that point I was barely showing and hadn't even felt her kick yet. We'd heard the heartbeat, but hadn't had the ultrasound and I don't think the idea of having a baby was "real" for us yet. I'm not really one for holidays, but I'm actually pretty excited about tomorrow. We're not planning anything special, I've asked Dan to make me pancakes for breakfast. My present was the pictures last weekend. Emma brought home a carnation and a card from day care (those brave ladies did their handprints on the cards)- as simple as it is, I know I will treasure that card forever! I am so happy and proud to be her mom (even if she still refuses to say 'mama').

No comments:

Post a Comment