Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 18

Menu: sweet potato "fries"

Emma really enjoyed the squash last night! (Not as much as she loves carrots though.) Dan baked up some strips of sweet potato tonight. It is quickly becoming a favorite snack of ours too. Since it's not very slimy and Emma can hold it really well, she didn't have to sit in the bumbo to eat. She got to sit up on daddy's lap. It was a nice experience.

Doctor's appointment went well. She is 18lb, 2oz and 26.5 inches long. I can't remember her head circumference, but she is in the 75-85th percentile for length, weight, and head size! I am convinced that she somehow 'knew' why we were at the doctor's office, because as soon as we put her on the exam table she FLIPPED OUT! The bright red (almost purple) face, red blotches down her chest - there was no mistaking that this was one UNhappy camper! That continued off and on for the entire appointment, so the crying at the actual shots wasn't a big deal. I nursed her briefly afterwards and she bit me like 3 times! She has never chomped down on me before - it was more of a surprise than a pain since she still has no teeth. No thrush, no ear infection, even her adhesion is still looking good - perfectly healthy! On the other hand, I have a temp over 100 tonight (I usually run 97ish). Not sure what's going on.

The doctor was glad to hear that Emma is experience a range of fruits and vegetables. She asked if she was getting cereals, we said no, and that conversation was over. She did recommend starting a vitamin D supplement and suggested the Tri-vi-sol drops. We will pick those up tomorrow since I have been reading a lot about the need for more vitamin D. I still take the prenatal, Expecta DHA, and soy lecithin supplement (I swear by this to help prevent clogged milk ducts!). I've also been taking iron off and on because I'm pretty sure I'm low on that. I'm thinking about going to the doctor to get some blood work drawn up to check. I've had low iron issues off and on since (at least) middle school so it wouldn't be a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment