Friday, April 23, 2010

Days 21 and 22

Day 22
Dan had another away game.

Emmaline has officially learned how to resist being put in the swing for her evening nap! She almost flopped out of my arms onto the floor while I was trying to put her down. This led for a very loooooong evening since she was already crying when I picked her up at 5. I ended up nursing her at 7 which put her to sleep, but she woke up as soon as I put her in the crib. By 8, I tried the swing again and finally had some success. She's still in there snoring away. I'm going to take her upstairs now that Dan is home, nurse her again and put her in the crib for the night. I'm exhausted!


Also discovered tonight that we need to ease up with the banana - I think that was part of the extra crankiness this evening. We might try some apple juice or prune juice (mixed with water) tomorrow. It would give us a chance to use the sippy cup again.

On an unrelated note, the Easter box from my mom finally arrived yesterday. The pic is Emmaline in one of her new outfits playing with one of her new toys.

This is going to be an interesting weekend - tomorrow morning Dan & I have our eye exams. Jess is going to come babysit for a couple hours while we're doing that and getting our new glasses (@ Lenscrafters). I really hope Emma does okay- she is starting to get stranger anxiety. Hopefully the cats will behave too - they go a little nuts around her pregnancy hormones! In the evening we are heading down to JMU for a senior recital (voice) of one of my old Gov. School kids. We're going to spend the night in the 'burg - it'll be Emma's first night away from the house since she was brought home from the hospital. Figure we'll give traveling a test run before our big trips this summer. We will probably do solids before we leave on Saturday and then again on Sunday evening.


Day 21

Menu: sweet potato and banana

Emma is really starting to eat more! We noticed that there was a lot less food on the floor afterwards. She did gag once on the sweet potato tonight and had me in a little panic for a second when she got quite. I was doing the dishes and couldn't get to her right away, but she cleared it just fine and went on eating like nothing had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment