Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Days 19 and 20

Day 20
Menu: butternut squash and broccoli


After 2 nights with squash, we are fairly confident that it is a big hit. The broccoli, on the other hand, is going to take some time. She did taste it and then enjoyed throwing the other pieces on the floor. She dropped quite a bit of squash on the floor too, but only the handfuls that were too small to get to her mouth. I think it's #2, right after carrots!

She was very active during dinner tonight. In addition to tossing vegetables around the kitchen, she was fascinated by one of the cats. She got very animated when Britney walked by and was trying to pet her. She was jabbering away and squealing. It was pretty adorable.

On a different note, I'm still running a fever. The only thing I can think of is that I might have an infection from where the tooth was pulled last week. The gum above that tooth is still swollen, but I haven't had any pain. The swelling has gone down over the last couple days and the parts I can see (it was a tooth all the way in the back) it doesn't look red. I'm not an expert on oral infections, but I would imagine that pain would be involved. I have a regular check-up next week so I guess I'll find out how it's healing then.

Day 19
Dan and I barely had time to eat, let alone find time to feed solids to Emma. Dan got home from practice, we were able to eat some of our dinner, and then we had to head back to my school for that. Emma was a very good girl during the program. Unfortunately, she is starting to get stranger anxiety. My principal was disappointed that she didn't get to squeeze Emma's cheeks (she tried to, but Emma stuck out her bottom lip and started to cry).

No comments:

Post a Comment